|KIPAX Action Photography|
Tony (KIPAX) Greenwood, I am a Full time Freelance Sports Photographer based in Lancashire England.
I am licensed by various Sports leagues and organisations.
I carry a UK Press card, am fully Insured and have a current CRB.
Children, u18 Photography
KIPAX Photography 7th march 2013 (Updated Jan 2015)
The law. There are no laws regarding the photography of children or persons under 18, Only Guidelines and Best Policy. If you are photographing on private property you do have to follow any rules set by the organisers that may include photography.|
Some organisations such as the FA and NSPCC offer guidelines to photographing children
FA Photographing u18s
NSPCC Child Protection in Sport
A CRB DBS is not required unless you are or may be in individual contact with players. This is not required for sports photographers as you are photographing from the sidelines and have no personal contact with players.. However I do have an enhanced CRB with Blackburn Rovers PLC and you can read more on this here CRB
KIPAX Photography not only adheres to the FA Guidelines but have added more of our own policies.
- To wear appropriate identification at all times. I wear a branded bib or sweatshirt. I also carry a UK Press card. this is the most secure Photo ID available as the bearer is issued a password with the ID.. The ID card has a national police number on the back. anyone in doubt can phone this number. Along with a description to verify the picture I would supply the password to prove my identity.
- KIPAX Photography will not photograph a junior event without first having permission from the organisers. Normally permission will be gained well in advance of the event taking place. If a sports event I will also double check on the day with both managers and referee prior to game start .
- Children should not have a name clearly attached to their photograph. this includes player profiles. The only time I require a child's name is if I am submitting the picture to the local papers and I will acquire the name from the responsible adult in charge eg Parent, Manager or Teacher.
- Care is taken not to publish photographs with a pose that can be obviously changed to something more sinister
- KIPAX Photography will not publish photographs of children in Distress, Injury or visibly Upset.
- KIPAX Photography will not knowingly publish photographs to social media such as facebook or twitter unless requested by family member or club offical with the appropriate permission. Pictures published on www.kipax.com will be heavily watermarked
- KIPAX Photography will immediately remove any photograph from the galleries on receipt of notification by a parent or similar .